Learn In ABCDs – January 22, 2021 Newsletter
TL;DR – Learn In partners with Springboard, Save the Date for 2 Big Events Feb 2nd & 4th, Upskilling can support women’s economic empowerment, Unilever’s ambitious upskilling goal by 2025, & where is your college diploma?
The future of work is now and we’ll keep you up to speed every two weeks with Learn In’s ABCDs – announcements from Learn In, blog posts to read, case studies for upskilling, and a discussion topic.
- Buzz: Learn In Partners with Springboard to Tackle Corporate Upskilling in Data Science and Analytics
- Podcasts: Listen to our COO Yael Kaufmann on 20 Minute Leaders & our CEO David Blake on Illuminate Higher Education
- Events: Save the date for two upcoming Learn In events!
CooleyED – February 2 @ 12:00pm ET – Learn In’s CEO, David Blake will join a panel of investors and entrepreneurs to discuss the increased interest in workforce training in 2020 and the outlook for 2021 and beyond. Free Registration
HR.com – February 4 @ 10:00am ET – Learn In’s CEO, David Blake will present his argument about, “The Next HR Big Bang: The Fusion of Upskilling and DEI.” Free Registration
- Now is the time: Changing assumptions to build sustainable DEI – David Ullrich, HRD Connect : “The emerging DEI agenda needs to move beyond calls for action to sustainable results in finding ways to manage diverse candidates into leadership positions, to have honest and sensitive conversations on social justice issues, and to turn social consciousness desires into productive conversations and sustainable actions.”
- Upskilling and Women’s Economic Empowerment – Plamena Mineva-Scholz, Learn In : “According to McKinsey’s Women in the Workplace 2020 Report, women are 18% less likely to be promoted than their male counterparts. In order to decrease that percentage and support women’s economic empowerment, companies should offer upskilling opportunities to their employees while keeping flexibility in mind.”
Case Study for Upskilling:
- Unilever commits to upskilling and reskilling by 2025. “We will ensure that all our employees have a future-fit skillset, by 2025, to help them further their careers, whether that’s within or outside Unilever. We will also pioneer new employment models by 2030 that allow people to choose how they want to work. These could include flexible contracts that retain full-time benefits, or time off to study or retrain.” Read more about Unilever’s DEI Goals
Discussion Topic of the Week:
- “Where is your actual college diploma? Framed on the wall or gathering dust in storage?” – David Blake : Discuss on Twitter
Learn In is LIVE on Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Medium. Follow us today!
Go forth and learn.